We are looking for a Forklift Engineer/Technician to work in our well-equipped workshop in Basingstoke with occasional field work. We service and maintain a wide range of materials handling equipment both on site and off site, using the latest diagnostic tools and equipment.
Experience in Material Handling equipment and Forklifts are essential for this position, as well as a desire to help other team members by imparting your knowledge and teaching skills. This is a hands-on job, but with some management elements, so is an ideal role for someone who wants to progress in their career, but still maintain a mechanical interest.
Your day to day tasks include:
- Repair, service and maintenance of used, new and rental trucks.
- Ensuring completed trucks meet safety standards.
- Assisting with the efficient running of the workshop.
Our ideal candidate would be someone lively and proactive, who wants to help lead and aid the progression of other staff and have an input into the effective running and management of the workshop.
- Mechanical/electrical qualifications or experience.
- Experience diagnosing and solving problems on forklifts and MHE.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to follow company health and safety procedures.
- Desire to learn and progress, and help others do the same.
- A driving licence and own transport due to our rural location.
For the right person this is an amazing opportunity to become a key figure in our company.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 20 Days Holiday + National Bank Holiday Days
- Sick pay
- Career progression
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- Salary: £32,361.00-£34,602.00 per year
Job Type: Full time permanent position
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8-5pm
Work Location: In person
If you wish to apply for this job position, please follow the link below to submit your application through Indeed.