Why Use PHL for New Forklift Batteries?
- Our sales, service and technical team will help ensure your plant and equipment is kept running in the most cost effective and efficient way.
- From the moment we take your enquiry, you can be assured of a the highest quality service and attention to detail.
- 80% of the lead used in our production process is recycled.
- PHL can offer a complete cost-saving and energy-efficient solution for your forklift batteries.
- We use extremely high-quality materials, alloys and oxides of high purity (99.97%).
- Our network of warehouses and engineers across the UK allows us to provide an expert local service on a national basis.
What Are the Main Types of Forklift Battery?
There are two kinds of battery: "DIN CELLS" are fitted in 80% of newer forklifts while "BRITISH STANDARD CELLS" (BS CELLS) are found in older trucks. Electric forklift trucks utilise traction batteries as their source of power and most of them can last a very long time. Modern batteries are connected together using bolted connections but traction forklift batteries (old types) are made up of several individual cells, which may be identified by having a ventcap. All are linked together to form a battery.
Among some of the most popular types, forklift trucks operate at 24v, 36v, 48v, 72v and 80v.
The most popular of our forklift batteries are ordered for these types of forklifts:
- Reach trucks
- 3 wheeler electric counter balance
- 4 wheeler electric counter balance
- Pallet trucks
- Pallet stackers / Ride on